You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-16 08:11:46

amanav

Dual Boot Arch Linux (+ KDE plasma ) with Win 10 using arch Anywhere

Please provide step by step procedure to install arch linux with KDE plasma along side WIN 10.
I have arch-anywhere-2.2.3-dual.iso.

Thanks

#2 2016-11-03 16:14:24

mathguy

Re: Dual Boot Arch Linux (+ KDE plasma ) with Win 10 using arch Anywhere

+1, would be great to get some help installing arch using arch anywhere alongside windows 10!

#3 2016-11-11 18:30:53

ArchiMark

+1

Thanks!

#4 2017-02-05 19:51:05

annoyingduck

amanav wrote:

Please provide step by step procedure to install arch linux with KDE plasma along side WIN 10.
I have arch-anywhere-2.2.3-dual.iso.

Thanks

I did this very easily using this procedure for simplicity:

Make a bootable usb for another Linux distro that contains Gparted (Manjaro/Ubuntu/Mint/Whatever).  Live boot the distro and run Gparted to make all of your partitions. If only Windows is installed, shrink the Windows home partition, create a new Ext4 Linux partition with the gained space and create a Swap partition.  Same deal if Windows and Linux are already installed, but no need to make another Swap partition do to it likely already being there. I won't get into how to make these partitions, this should already be known if you have any experience installing Linux. If you are UEFI, Windows already created an EFI boot partition, so your all set and ready to go. Shut down the pc and now run the Arch-Anywhere USB.

When the option appears on where to install, choose manual partitioning.  Choose your new Ext4 for / (root/home) and swap for swap.  I would choose to format the Ext4 partition.  You can format swap if you want, but if there is another Linux distro installed DO NOT format Swap because it will cause a mismatched UUID and the other distro won't boot.  For UEFI select the already made EFI partition (it'll be the fat32 one - most likely sda2, though this can vary) and the mount point will be /boot.  DO NOT FORMAT the EFI partition or your other os's will not boot.  Then just continue the Arch-Anywhere install.  It's very easy doing it this way using Gparted beforehand, hope that helps.

On another note, I love this script.  Thank you to the Arch-Anywhere team!

Board footer