You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-18 13:31:56

deadhead
Founder / Lead Developer
Website

OpenRC

Whos ready for OpenRC!? The OpenRC init system will be supported in the next release of Arch Anywhere 2.2.3. I am now working on a feature with will allow the option to install OpenRC as an alternative to Systemd. OpenRC will be installed from a custom unofficial repository I will be creating for Arch Anywhre. Keep an eye out for this feature in the next release 2.2.3.

#2 2016-06-20 05:01:23

Christdevide7

Re: OpenRC

hey does that mean i can chose openbox

"It always brings me joy to cause a little Mayhem"

#3 2016-06-22 16:24:30

protopresbyter

Yes an openrc version is good....I just hope we don't get into the us/them stuff with SysVinit vs. Systemd that virtually crippled archbang or maybe made it VERY limited...Arch-Anywhere is a good work.... I have used it and like it as a distribution.....other computers use slack :-)
Ben, in El Paso, Tx

#4 2016-06-22 17:48:55

deadhead
Founder / Lead Developer
Website

Thanks Ben! Will be implimenting this in the next release. Seeing how it is packaged in the AUR it makes updating tempromental. I decided the best route would be to create a custom unofficial repo on my server from which I host OpenRC (and some other AUR packages) precompiled so it can be installed and updated with pacman. This will make it VERY easy for me to add OpenRC as an option to the installer, and also ensure the user receives updates with pacman by adding my unoffical repo to their pacman.conf if they select to use OpenRC. Will be ready by the next release around the 1st of the month.

Chris - Openbox has been an option for WM since the first release of arch anywhre (1.0).

#5 2016-06-24 19:36:25

protopresbyter

Yes !  Good work-around.  When I first used arch-anywhere I was surprised at how close some of the "look" of your reduced xfce4 desktop was to mine and felt at home giving it to a couple of family members.  Otherwise JWM is my first choice followed by openbox :-)
Thanks for the work....time....energy.   Ben, in El Paso, Tx

#6 2016-09-18 13:28:50

lea2501

Hi! I really love the work you have done! I use Arch Linux from July 2007 and your installer is a life saver and a piece of art at the same time.

What i can't seem to find is the option to install with openrc instead of systemd. I have tried Void Linux to escape systemd but I am too comfy with Arch and AUR for the time being.

Hope you can always continue with this project! Thank you!

#7 2017-02-13 18:22:25

kernelKurtz

Apologies for the noob-reg and the necro-bump, but my question is the same as Lea's. How does an average user start down the track of using A-A with openrc?

Thanks,

kK

Board footer