You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-06 18:01:20

wgl

Installer fails to connect to internet, kinda

When using the 2.2.7-2 installer I can connect to a wifi network without problem, connection- and speed tests works fine but when selecting mirrors it fails. Same problem with LAN cable. Ive been using different versions of the installer without problem on the same laptop before (and old Dell vostro 1500), what could be the issue here?

#2 2017-07-11 14:26:11

sujoyiru

Re: Installer fails to connect to internet, kinda

Same issue here!
I am using arch-anywhere-2.2.8-x86_64.iso and it tells me that mirror list is not accessible. Check internet connection!
I am connected to the internet and I can ping archlinux.org, speed test and open the mirror list with the same internet line.
There is something wrong with this version since it cannot find the mirror list.

Where can I find the old working scripts for installing Arch?

#3 2017-07-15 13:41:53

swordfish77

Re: Installer fails to connect to internet, kinda

I guess, i faced the same over here, i am connected and can perform any pkg update/upgrade, but the install script keep on failing while trying to update mirrors, message always says no internet connection !
I can ping any site, my wifi is up and running...
Also i've tried to use the check connection script to make it works and also run the update script, both worked very well BTW with only wifi.
Is there any workaround to make it works as it should do ?
I've tryied to figure how to pass any parameters to arch-anywhere script but unfortunately i'm still stuck on this, is there a way to force arch-anywhere to use the wifi connection ?

Board footer